Disciple Making Movement (DMM)
We are starting to host DMM trainings on a regular basis. If you are interested, please contact the office: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Disciple Making Movement is about doing what was done in the first century... giving the Gospel to a people and teaching them to obey it; seeing them become faithful disciples of Christ; leaving them to struggle in obeying the Word of God in their own context and history, and allowing them to develop their own unique practices of worship, leadership, and governance within the confines of biblical obedience.
Disciple makers first teach people the word of God so they will know what to obey. Second, they train people in the skill sets necessary to be an obedient follower of Christ so they will know how to obey. And third, disciple makers equip people to their full capacity to serve God and others so they demonstrate lives of consistent obedience and make more disciples.
The Disciple Making Movement is done in a small group setting. There are several reasons groups are so powerful:
- Groups remember more than individuals. The picture example.
- Groups learn faster than individuals.
- Groups replicate faster than individuals.
- Groups replicate more often than individuals.
- Groups are a protection against bad leadership and heresy.
- Groups self-correct.
- Groups keep individuals accountable.
Check out our Small Groups HERE